Blessing 1. Blessing 2. Blessing 3. Blessing . . . Infinity
No matter who you are, where you live, and what is going on in your life, you will always have abundance if you count your blessings.
whatever we focus upon and energize,
we create more of that.
So with Hurricane Irene headed this way, I focused on peace, harmony, balance, and love.
I went outside and did a spiritual ceremony the day before the storm arrived in my area to align myself with the energies of the Earth and to pray for all beings in the path of the storm. I sent Love to H. Irene. I asked for the wind to quiet down. I asked for the rains to decrease. I asked for gentleness for all.
Because I have learned to live my life in connection with Mother Earth and Nature, I also asked that whatever cleansing and healing were needed to be achieved by the storm be allowed to take place with the least amount of destruction and dislocation possible.
It’s not harmonious when weather forecasters speak negatively of rain and storms all the time, just because a few humans. or even many humans, are inconvenienced. Storms have a purpose.
Storms clean the air, the plants, and the land. Just think, with all the electric power out, and the planes not flying, and the cars and trucks not moving around, the air is actually cleaner than you have been breathing here on the East Coast for maybe your entire lifetime. Use this opportunity to take some really DEEP breaths and to get some OXYGEN into your system.
Yes, many people are having a “hard time.” Many are dealing with loss of home, family members, business dollars, and so on. Everyone else you read or hear will talk about those aspects of this event.
I’m here to share the blessings.
Thank you, Oh Lord, Mother/Father Source, All-That-Is, for the blessings you have heaped upon me. The sunny dry weather that followed the storm. The basement that is drying out quickly. The opportunity to take a break from mundane affairs and the gifts of many “surprise” experiences.
- SURPRISE – my electric power is out.
- SURPRISE – my electric power is back on.
- SURPRISE – it’s out again, and then back on quickly.
- SURPRISE – my land-line phone and DSL are gone.
- SURPRISE – my land-line phone is out, but the DSL is ON!!
- SURPRISE – when I hit the restart button on my furnace – it WORKED!!
- SURPRISE – Hattie, the feral cat I help out, showed up today SAFE and sound and eager for breakfast.
- SURPRISE – . . . I wonder what the next surprise will be?
I am SO BLESSED!
GRATITUDE and APPRECIATION, Oh Lord, I send to you and to all the nature spirits and elementals, to the Wind and the Storm, to Irene, to Mother Earth for all the bounty I receive.
Remember the yin and yang principle. Each contains the other.
Whatever you focus on is what you create.
Therefore, focus on the blessings.
- BLESSING – my cats and I all survived and didn’t have to leave our home.
- BLESSING – I only had 4″ or so of water in my basement.
- BLESSING – the power came back on within 24 hours.
- BLESSING – the sunny dry weather is helping my basement dry quickly.
- BLESSING – Despite having 60 foot trees right near my house and 40+ mph winds, no significant limbs came down during the storm.
- BLESSING – I’ve had several very peaceful days of just BEING instead of constantly DOING or STRIVING to do things. I had no choice except to sit and be quiet and practice being in a peaceful place inside myself – a wonderous gift and a tremendous lesson in patience.
- BLESSING – The friends and family I’ve called since the storm are all doing well.
- BLESSING – Thank you for the opportunity to help others, to give them energetic support and encouragement.
there will be a prayer circle
for those who were in the path of Hurricane Irene.
Please note that I do not think of them as “victims.” I don’t see them that way at all. I see everyone as in the perfect place for his/her spiritual growth, experiencing exactly what has the greatest opportunity to help awaken that person.
Still, each is worthy to receive the greatest abundance in all respects. So tonight we will ask for abundance, healing, awakening, love, support, and appreciation for each other and everyone else. . . . And we can ask for more.
Please join me.
And yes, I am requesting that everyone pay a fee.
If we were living in a community consciousness, I would not have to explain why. Everyone would know that an exchange of energy maintains balance and harmony for all. Money is energy, as is everything else. In an indigenous community, the healer–shaman–priest–midwife was supported with a home, food and other things, plus gifts of all kinds in exchange for their service. In our culture, it’s money that we use instead.
Thank you all, and namaste,